Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Construction Party

We had Luke's 2nd birthday party this past weekend. It was a no-brainer when trying to decide on a theme. My little boy loves big trucks and rocks...so we had a construction party! I told Brad when I started planning that I wasn't really going to go over the top like I had done in the past. My plan was to keep it low key and simple.


Yeah, right.


Since when has anything I've ever planned been low key or simple? I guess I ended up getting a little carried away, and the party ended up being just as elaborate, if not more, than all the others before it. But we had so much fun! Our plans were a little altered by the weather, but we just ended up moving everything to the garage and it worked out fine...a little cramped, but fine. Here are the promised pictures for those of you who couldn't make it. Thanks to everyone who came to help celebrate our special little boy! I'll do a more nostalgic post on Thursday...his actual b'day ;)


Everyone got a personalized hard had and apron before getting to work

What else could I serve but dirt cake, of course!
Luke was in heaven with his very own rock pile
Foreman Luke
I should have known that Pa would come in costume
I'm hoping they are discussing some future home improvement projects for my house :) Busy workers
The crew...aren't they just too cute?!
Jackson is all finished with his jobs and ready for lunch! Turning in work orders for lunch A hungry crew!
Getting ready to sing
Enjoying his cake
Hope you had a great birthday party, Luke!

11 comments:

Pam Burrus said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE this!!!!! I'm having a huge internal fight about AC's 1st party.... Go big and invite friends? Keep it simple and just invite family? Go big and just invite family??? I just can't do simple... Ugh - decisions decisions.... however I can see many many overly planned bday parties in her future.... I'm all about going BIG ;)

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness Kristen! You are amazing! How do you come up with this stuff? Looks like the party was so much fun!

Meredith said...

Absolutely adorable!

Unknown said...

I love your party! It looks amazing! Did Home Depot give you the aprons? Hats?

Thanks my boy is turning 3 at the end of March.

Kristin said...

Thanks for a lot of great ideas for my son's birthday in May. I'm wondering if you have a document for your work order sign and cards for the kids. If so, is there any way I could have or pay you for it? I don't really want to reinvent the wheel and I love how yours was made! Feel free to pm me at Kristin.germanceri@gmail.com.

Thanks, Kristin

Anonymous said...

This party was great!!!! How did the kids do with the rocks??? Did Home Depot donate the aprons? Please email me at ls_drain@yahoo.com

LaTasha Drain

fd said...

I would love to feature this party if you would let me. Please email me at ourpartypants@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Dexter Reed said...

This is cool party idea! Thanks for sharing.

Henry Bailey said...

So cute!!! Each and everything is designed very beautifully. Love this arrangement.

Rubbish Removal Kings said...

An amazing share, Cleaning up after a party doesn't have to be hard work now, simply call rubbish removal sydney and sit peacefully :P

Anonymous said...

Loads!